User Stories: What's The Point, And Why Do We Use Them?, Presented by Ryland Leyton
5:45 - Zoom Room Opens for Virtual Networking
6:00 - Program begins
Reyland Leyton - “User Stories: What's The Point, And Why Do We Use Them?"
ABOUT THIS SESSION:
User stories are a core technique for most agile frameworks. Why is that? Why are they valuable, and are there any alternatives?
In this session we'll discuss:
* Why user stories are such a universal practice, the limitations they impose.
* The good, the bad, and the ugly of using user stories.
* We'll talk about alternatives (such as Job stories and Hypothesis stories) and where they fit into good practice.
* We'll talk about some of the common mistakes in agile practice when using stories. (Hint: not everything is a user story, and not everything should be!)
As with all the talks, this session will allow lots of time for Q&A so we can focus on what's important to you!
* Understand why user stories are a common technique in agile frameworks and why.
* Understand best & worst practices around user stories.
* Understand alternatives to user stories.
About Ryland Leyton:
Ryland Leyton, CBAP, PMP, CSM, SA4, is a business analyst, author, speaker, educator, Agile coach, and technology translator. He has worked in the technology sector since 1998, starting off with database and web programming, gradually moving through project management and finding his passion in the BA and Agile fields.
Ryland is passionate about strong analysis practice and prefers Agile environments where possible. He has built both Agile and waterfall SDLC processes for development teams, customizing each one to the challenges facing that particular client group. Ryland is one of the authors of the Second Edition of the IIBA Agile Extension to the BABOK, as well as the IIBA Agile Analysis Certification.
He is an active member of the IIBA, speaks at local and national conferences on BA, PM, Agile and career development topics.
Rylands’ book "The Agile Business Analyst: Moving From Waterfall to Agile" is considered a standard in the Agile BA field. His 2019 publication of "It's About Your Career: Skills For A Lifetime Of Loving Your Work!" has become valued by those growing and guiding their careers.
Registration required at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/user-stories-whats-the-point-and-why-do-we-use-them-tickets-475359060747
The Zoom link to the event will be sent in the EventBrite Registration Confirmation email, and in the reminder two days before the event, and one hour before the event.
Please note that EventBrite notifications will go to the email you use to register. As many corporate email systems block mass mailing systems, you may wish to use a personal email address. If so, please check your Social and Promotions filters, as well as your SPAM folder if you have not received these notifications.