October Chapter Meeting
Jim Sappington, former Exec VP & Global CIO of McDonald’s
Via Skype - Training Topic: How Do You Disrupt Your Business Before Someone Else Does?
- Why going "Digital" is different (and hard)
- Why you can't wait
- Technology is only an enabler, not the solution
- Why Digital makes Data even more valuable
- How do you organize and approach Digital Transformation?
JIM SAPPINGTON served as Executive Vice President, Operations and Technology Systems of McDonald's. In this role, Jim provided leadership over the areas of Corporate IT, as well as Global Digital Technology, Restaurant Technology, Restaurant Operations, Restaurant Concept + Design, Restaurant Equipment / Innovation / Integration / Measurement, and Training, Learning & Performance.
Jim began his McDonald’s career in 1987 as an Accounting Manager. He transitioned to Information Technology in 1995 when he was promoted to Senior Director – International IT, and he quickly advanced in this field. He held several roles including U.S. Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Corporate Vice President – Global Technology, and Senior Vice President - Global Chief Information Officer.
Jim was selected for the McDonald’s Accelerated Operations Program in 2008. While working within the program, he moved to the frontlines of the McDonald’s business as a crewperson in our restaurants and worked his way up to the position of U.S. Vice President – General Manager for the Northwest Region. In this leadership role, Jim was responsible for all aspects of the business including Franchisee Relationship, Marketing, Operations, Profitability, Real Estate Development, People Development, and Business Strategy for the Northwest Region.
Jim holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from the University of Missouri-Columbia and a Master of Business Administration (MIS emphasis) from DePaul University.
5:30-6:00 Check-In, Networking, & Refreshments provided by our Sponsor, Preferred Resources
6:00-7:00 Presentation and Discussion
7:00-7:30 Chapter Meeting
7:30-8:00 Board of Directors Meeting
Address & Directions:
2731 Sutton Blvd, Suite 200
Maplewood, MO 63143
- From Hwy 40/64 and Big Bend, go south on Big Bend to Manchester Rd.
- Take Manchester east (left) to the first stoplight at Sutton Blvd.
- Go south (right), then make a right turn into the parking lot that is past 'Pie Oh My' and directly across from the Maya Cafe.
- Go through the lot to the back entrance of the building to the metal staircase on the outside.
- Come on up and we're right there!
- Text Liz at 314-324-4548 if you're lost or need an ADA accessible entrance.